A 29-year old native of Elyria, Ohio, Dave Connolly is a 26-time NHRA national event winner.
With victories across 4 distinct drag racing classes, including 22 in Pro Stock, it is no surprise that one NHRA fan says “no one, I mean no one, can put the fear in the eyes of the other competitors at the starting line like Dave can.”
Already this year, Dave has reached one final round in Pro Stock (Houston Spring Nationals) in just 2 appearances. In 2011, Dave reached the Pro Stock final round at the Charlotte 4-wide Nationals and captured the Gainesville & Charlotte Divisionals, and Division 2 championship, in Super Street.
This follows a multitude of success in 2010 including a Pro Stock win at the Toyo Tires Nationals in Reading, PA, a Gainesville Divisional win in Super Gas, multiple Top Dragster Divisional wins and a win at the 1st national event for Top Dragster in Charlotte.
Back in 2007, Connolly posted his fourth straight top five professional finish, and was one of only four men in the exclusive “Countdown to One” World Championship Chase. That year, Connolly also became only the 4th driver in drag racing history to win 5 consecutive NHRA Pro Stock events.
From 2006 – 2008, Connolly captured 16 event wins and 123 round wins. Connolly is a two-time US Nationals winner (2007 & 2008) with wins at 14 NHRA track facilities.
Dave’s humble nature, and inviting personality, are a perfect complement to his competitive spirit behind the wheel.
• Reached Pro Stock Final Round at Houston Spring Nationals
• Reached Pro Stock Final Round at Charlotte 4-Wide Nationals
• Won Division 2 championship, and Gainesville & Charlotte Divisionals, in Super Street
• Won Toyo Tires Nationals in Pro Stock in Reading, PA
• Won Gainesville Divisional in Super Gas
• Won Norwalk & Mid Michigan Divisionals in Top Dragster & 1st Natl Event for Top Dragster at Charlotte
• Missed first five races of season but still qualified sixth in Countdown to the Championship series.
• Reached eight final rounds, including seven in his first 13 races, winning four times
• Won second consecutive U.S. Nationals title.
• Set personal elapsed time best of 6.561 seconds at Richmond
• Competed in inaugural Countdown to 4 and Countdown to 1
• 5 wins in a row (Reading, PA through Richmond, VA) tied for second with most consecutive wins in Pro Stock
• Finished in POWERade Series top five for fourth consecutive year
• Tied top career POWERade Series points performance with third-place finish
• Earned four victories in seven final-round appearances
• Posted career-best time and speed
• Finished in POWERade Series top five for third consecutive year
• Opened the season with a win at Pomona
• Earned second win of the season at Las Vegas
• Posted career-best speed
• Finished in POWERade top five for second consecutive year
• Won King Demon Crown bonus event for Pro Stock after finishing second in 2004
• Earned first career national event victory in Brainerd, the first of three season victories
• Made a career-high eight final round appearances
• Earned first No. 1 qualifying award (Memphis)
• Runner-up in King Demon Crown bonus event for Pro Stock
• Qualified for 11 of 13 events in which he competed
• Established career-best numbers for time and speed
• Earned NHRA Division 3 Super Gas championship
• Top E.T. Bracket Finals champion.